Hazelwood Energy Hub is a modern incarnation of one of the early energy storage fields in Louisiana. Gulf Oil saw the benefits of this salt dome for the safe storage of LPG as early as 1955. In 2005, 84 acres of the salt dome became home for a successful FERC-permitted natural gas storage facility with a potential capacity of 46 bcf. Now, HEH is developing an additional 340 acres of the dome to meet the growing needs of Louisiana, the Energy Coast, and the world.
Volatile oil prices, the increase of US oil production, and the instability of imported supplies all emphasize the need to have a safe and steady supply of oil to meet our country’s energy needs. Today’s rapidly changing market conditions create new challenges for Louisiana’s energy industry; Hazelwood’s blending operation will help refiners and other end users meet these challenges by improving their efficiency and flexibility.
- Hazelwood Energy Hub is strategically located
- Safe, well-documented, high-quality salt dome
- Optimal pricing and delivery point in Louisiana for natural gas, crude, ethylene and NGLs
- Storage caverns with high capacity receipt/delivery capabilities
- Custom blending delivers the “Perfect Barrel” to 17 nearby refiners and other end-users in real time, making Louisiana’s energy industry more competitive
- Multiple pipeline interconnects and competitive rail and barge access
- Central location for both domestic and export markets